Les Cafés Au Moka

0

No products

  • Shipping

    CHF 0.00
  • Tax

    CHF 0.00
  • Total

    CHF 0.00

Prices include tax.

Home > The Company

The Company

Categories

Specials

No product specials are available at this time.

Introducing the Torréfaction Au Moka SA

1949-2018: Au Moka coffees have been in existence for over 60 years. Madeleine and André Facchinetti-Bachmann moved into 4 Rue Pury in Neuchâtel in 1949, opening was to be the first Italian-style coffee bar, with a coffee roaster on the premises. This meant that customers were able to drink and buy freshly roasted coffee. 
At the time, a coffee cost 50 centimes.
Due to the company's increasing success, and to adequately meet growing demand, they moved to 4 Rue du Concert in 1960, where the coffee bar remains to this day. You can still drink our coffees there, but you can come and buy coffee too. As well as individual bags of coffee, our shop offers a vast choice of teas and gift items.

From 1966, Jean-Claude Facchinetti, the son of the founders, worked with his mother in the family business. He took over running it single-handedly in 1983. With ever-increasing demand, a site devoted solely to coffee roasting was opened in 1980, at 8 Rue de Prébarreau, where production still continues now. From that moment on, the company expanded and flourished, and in 1993 the company name changed to "Torréfaction Au Moka S.A.".

Our coffee is produced by artisans on a daily basis, which means we can offer our clientèle a coffee that is recognised far and wide: it is to be found in a variety of establishments throughout the cantons of Neuchâtel, Jura, Bern, Valais and Geneva.

It can also be ordered, together with many other products, in our e-shop. Thanks to our quick turnaround service, we are able to deliver direct to the whole of Switzerland, to both private and professional customers.
Since 2007, Rose-Marie Facchinetti and her children Andrea and Romina have taken over the reins of the company.